Saturday 17 May 2008

Artistes Unlimited



I remember that day..

I walked into this small little room in St. Paul's school,all nervous and tensed.

When i reached there,I almost tripped;thanks to the million wires..sitting there were two people(whom i knew but did not know altogether),beaming broadly they were Annette Philip (Director,AU) and Anindo bose (Lord of the keys :p).

They sort of guessed that i was totally freaked out,so they started by ranging me..la la la..I think it was about 3.5 octaves on the higher side,Annette even asked if sang soprano in school! I was quite happy,they then asked me to sing. I began,"Breakaway" being my favourite..took it really low and got stuck at 'window'..highly embarrased i asked for permission to start again,but it was MUCH better this time..then i sang "I get on my knees",i tried hard not to look at Annette because she knew me and the song just SO well,but i just had to..thankfully she only smiled..I was relieved..like to the CORE! Then the best part,the tune! They gave the chorus of face to faith.Since we hadn't done that song in the HMM for so long,i was totally lost..Annette was quite suprised and asked " Radhika,don't you know this song?" promptly i replied,"No! we haven't done face to faith." Look at me,i knew the song..just not the chorus lol. Nevertheless it was all good,I was able to sing it just the second or third time Awknee bhaiya played it. Relaxed,happy,content me and Sadhvi went home,no actually to Barista..where we ruined our throats by having cold coffee and ice tea.

This was my AU audition a year back,

9Th May 2007.

**********************************END OF AUDITION********************************

The next day,we met Annette in school,she had got some throat infection and could not speak.

She hugged us,took out a pen and paper and wrote "You guys were good yesterday!". That was the best thing to have ever happened to us,i mean like ANNETTE saying that to you is such a BIG deal! We were just so happy that day!

A few days later,we got a mail from Annette saying "WELCOME TO ARTISTES UNLIMITED!!!".That was a dream come true for the two of us!

Life in AU has come full circle. I'm officially a 'one year old AU baby' as Annette calls us. This year with AU has been great! so much fun! The madness,lame jokes,'crax' theory,'kaur' theory,Atish 'adapting',the hugs,the shameless quotient,the 'Kannada' theory,the randomness,the songs,messing up parts,magazine interviews,concerts..just so much fun! an experience in itself.

I wish AU all the luck in the world.

Thank god for music!

May god bless Annette and AU too :)

AU i love.

Radhika

( AU alto and meso soprano,

9th may 2007 - 9th may 2008)

Hope to stay with this lovely group forever! :)

i know its kinda late,had to post anyhow!

12 comments:

Nik said...

*grins*
*whacks Radhika on the head with a boulder in hopes of inducing memory loss*
My memory sucks, so should yours.
Hmph. There.

Radhika Saxena said...

god,you suck! :P
I don't! balle balle! :p :p :D

Abhilasha said...

ah...i've read this one!! yayee!!

awesome heart touching one...dil ko chu gaya..
okay, 'chu' is kinda sick, but...kya karoon..ahem..

Radhika Saxena said...

:p its okay,atleast you commented! :P

Anonymous said...

Ah nostalgia.

Ah bwakaka pouss pouss goo goo g'joob

Doesn't make any sense to me either.

Radhika Saxena said...

you really didn't have to comment for the heck of it you know..!

Anonymous said...

As I was saying, nostalgia. It's a bittersweet affair. I try not to get nostalgic. makes me sober- maudlin. Uninformed about singing so can't comment on that.

I like that AU symbol. It's cleverly simple.

Radhika Saxena said...

yep,i love it too :)
(for obvious reasons! :p)
yes,i'm obsessed with smilies BIG TIME!
Thanks,I appreciate.
*you know nothing of sisnging?! sad,very VERY sad!*
again,quite obvious! :p

Miriam said...

So here, I finally commented!!! stoooopid!! xD xD

Such emotions na... tsk tsk tsk!!
Thoda control rakho na beta!!
Anyway, it was a cute post!! xD xD

Radhika Saxena said...

look who's talking miriam.

Anonymous said...

I love it for the way its been put.
And I love being nostalgic.SO I love the entire post!:)
And congratulations!:D:D

Radhika Saxena said...

aww thankie prerna :)